This week myself and three of our Grade 6 Captains – Annie, Claudia and Ruby had the lucky job of watching the auditions for the TPPS Talent Show.
We were mesmerized, enchanted and thrilled by the various talents we got to witness throughout the school from Foundation to Grade 6. What struck us most was the courage that shone through with which these young people, who either nervously walked or boldly marched into the room and then just broke into their act in front of 4 judges – quite a confronting situation but one with which they all took on with poise! Such dare on display. It was fabulous!
We were delighted with – singing, dancing, comedy acts, joke-telling, magic illusions, card tricks, acting skits, skipping, gymnastics, bottle-flipping, soccer skills and playing of musical instruments – piano, guitar, violin and bouzouki.
Today the announcements of who has successful made it through to the finals happened –
Lily & Priscilla
Charlotte & Annika
Lucas & Jamie
Grace & Lucy
Maddi, Madi & Lily
Jack & James
Aliya & Marli
Kaylee & Mikayla
Josh, Hudson, Taiven & Ari
Rihanna & Rihanna
Ruby & Maddison
Shylah, Annie, Christina, Taryn, Moses & Josiah
Eleni, Charlotte & Raegan
Jasmine, Kara & Tianna
Sisi, Chanel, Jade, Ava & Sarah
Ellie, Ella & Adelaide
Allara, Olivia, Effie, Emily, Mia & Amy
Annabel, Sarah, Sam & Isabella
Julia, Lexy & Ruby
Chelsea, Lana, Arabella & Sheridan
Finals will take place in the School Hall on the following lunchtimes:
Foundation to Grade 2 - Monday 28th November,
Grade 3 & 4 - Tuesday 29th November and
Grade 5 & 6 - Wednesday 30th November.
Audiences from our School Community are welcome to attend.
Reminders for the finalists:
· Please use the time until your Finals performance to perfect your act!
· Your act needs to be similar as to what you did at the audition, you may change your song if your wish or add more
jokes, magic tricks and lengthen your performance.
· We are looking for a performance over 1 minute but no longer than 2 minutes.
· You need to bring all props and equipment you require.
· If you’d like to wear a costume. Bring it to school to change into on the day.
· If you need music, you must tell Mrs. Daly by Wednesday 23rd November so that will be ready for you on Finals
Break a leg!
Jo Daly - 2016 to current.